Procerus Skin Care, 315 E. Eisenhower Parkway, Suite 8, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, www.procerusskincare.com 855.797.7623
- "Laser Hair Removal, tattoo removal, facial feminization with Botox and filler, PRP treatment for hair restoration, body contouring (fat reduction and skin tightening), sweat reduction"
Bonilla's Salon, 3718 W Saint Joe Hwy, Lansing, Michigan 48917, (517) 886-7424
Broadway Salon Studios, 6046 Rochester Rd, Troy, MI 48085
- Stellato Salon, Studio 114, Melissa, Ph: 586-604-4161, Email: melissaEdoughty@gmail.com "I offer a large array of services and I am known for being a haircolor guru. I have a L'Oréal, Redken, and Paul Mitchell background and I am a certified Paul Mitchell Color Expert."
Cutters Alley, 1617 W Atherton Rd, Flint, MI 48507, (810) 234-0800
Fluid Salon, 2755 E Grand River Ave Ste B, East Lansing, Michigan 48823
Golden Shear, 120 E Ash St, Mason, Michigan 48854, (517) 676-1771,
Imagery Hair Design Studio, 451 Columbia Ave, Suite D, Holland MI 49423, 616-594-537, www.imageryhairdesign.com
- Chiqueta McDonald, Proprietor
Kevena V's Day Salon, 4964 Northwind Dr, East Lansing, MI, 517-332-0258
Lasting Impressions, 28244 Ford Rd, Garden City, MI, 734-421-4473
The Leslie Studio, 4290 Cascade Rd. S. E., Grand Rapids, MI. 49546, 616-942-9322, www.thelesliestudio.com
Mane Floor Salon, 2955 Biddle Ave, Wyandotte, MI 49192
- Kimberly Tooley, 734-747-4363
Personal Image Salon, 3315 East Michigan Avenue, Lansing, MI 48912-4600, (517) 333-3234,
Rubies Paradise Salon, 2008 E Michigan Ave, Lansing, Michigan 48912, (517) 367-2206
Salon 501, 501 W 9 Mile Rd, Ferndale, Michigan 48220, (248) 399-0501
- "They did one trans-friend I know and it came out quite nice. Somewhat andro but femme enough indeed!" --S
Salon Mia Bella, Hair & Nails, 4543 Grand Haven Rd., Muskegon, MI. 49441, 231-798-9595
Transgender Care, www.transgendercare.com , A site which delves into the clinical details of hormones, hair removal, and other medical issues transgender individuals may encounter. The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), formerly known as the (Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association, HBIGDA), is a professional organization devoted to the understanding and treatment of gender identity disorders, www.wpath.org
The Grand Rapids Red Project, 401 Hall SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49507 (Kent and Muskegon counties), redproject.org
- Red Project provides HIV and Hep C testing, HIV EIS and Case Management Services, Syringe Access, Recovery Coaching, Overdose Prevention.
- We make candles, towel, LBGT special order blankets/throws, soap/shower bombs.
McLaren, Flint. We spoke with a patient advocate at McLaren. While gender identity is not specifically mentioned in their non- discrimination policy, we were assured that any transgender patients would be treated with respect and if for some reason is not, to ask to speak with the patient advocate. Call patient services at (810) 342-2173 or toll free (800) 821-6517.
Hurley, Flint. The patient advocate, Teresa Hatfield, was extremely helpful. She told us that some of the staff at Hurley had participated in an LGBT informational meeting. If you have any issues at Hurley please contact Teresa Hatfield and your issue will be addressed. You can reach her at (810) 262-9220 or toll free (800) 336-8999.
Hilton Detroit/Troy (formerly Northfield Hilton), 5500 Crooks Rd (at I-75), Troy, 248-879-2100. Host of 1996 & 2001 Be All.
Housing and Homeless
Care First Community Services, 8097 Decatur, Detroit, MI 48228, Irita Townes, LLBSW, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313-846-5020
- "First Care Place is non-profit transitional housing facility designed to help homeless women/children and those that identify as Trans-gender, who are HIV+ to regain control and dignity in their lives. This program allows for them to prepare themselves to move into permanent living. Our focus is to provide structured programming to assist women and families to become stabilized in the community; provide available resources that empower them to make appropriate choice; give the women hope for future direction in meeting the challenges of HIV/AIDS"
Detroit Care Center, Dr. Linda Schoonover, 511 East Grand Blvd. Detroit, Michigan email@example.com 313-671-6663
- "Detroit Care center is a Home for the Aged. This home takes anyone over the age of 60. The home has 108 beds and has 60 openings at this time. It is owned by a friend of Dr. Linda Schoonover who is supportive to Crossroads."
Hope Warming Center (open year round). Director, Elizabeth Kelly, Contact: Julia, 249 Baldwin Ave, Pontiac, MI 48342, 248-499-7345 or (248) 812-9276, www.hopewarmingpontiac.org Ruth Ellis Center -- Providing short-term and long-term residential safe space and support services for runaway, homeless and at-risk gay, lesbian, bi-attractional, transgender and questioning youth in Detroit and Southeastern Michigan. 313-964-2091 (office) 313-867-6936 (drop-in center) http://www.ruthelliscenter.com SOCH Welcome Inn (open during winter. Overnight starts Dec. 19 at Emmanuel Bethel in Royal Oak with transportation provided between centers), c/o Starr Presbyterian Church, Executive Director, Jason Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Case Manager, Danita Echols, LLMSW (email@example.com), 1717 W 13 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, Jason Morgan: (248) 636-2484, Case Workers: (248) 850-3220, Office: (248) 677-8757, www.sochwi.org