Dr. Julie Parks, D.D.S. & Dr. David Gadioli, D.D.S., "Shelby Pines Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, 52871 Mound Road, Shelby Twp., Mi 48316. Phone: 586-739-1717. Web page: www.shelbypines.com
- "Dr. Julie Parks, D.D.S. & Dr. David Gadioli, D.D.S. and the staff are very friendly. I have been going to this Dental office since 1960's. They known me thru my trans with support... and are interesed in helping any person that needs dental service.
Ron T. Williamson, DDS., 26789 Woodward Avenue, Suite 101, Huntington Woods, MI 48070, Main: (248) 399-4455 EMERGENCY: (810) 287-6433 Fax: (248) 399-5622, RonWilliamsonDDS@gmail.com
Silverton Skin Institute - Dermatology, 8245 S. Holly Rd. Ste 102 (all the way in the back), Grand Blanc, MI 48439, (810) 606-1545, www.silvertonskininstitute.net
- Besides clinical services (moles, etc), skin rejuvenation, laser therapy, wrinkle reduction, leg vein therapy, VISIA Complexion analysis, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal, intense pulsating light (age spots, etc), latisse for eyelashes, acne treatment, botox, etc. Very trans friendly. I was treated like any other patient, and my body was not felt to be "weird." Tim said he has at least 5 other trans patients that he knows of.
Robert Soderstrom, M.D., Dermatology (Clinical, no cosmetic procedures), G-5131 W. Bristol Road, Flint, MI, (810) 733-2090.
- Accepts most insurance and Medicaid only when it is affiliated with an HMO. Does not offer a sliding scale for payment of services. He has treated transgender patients in the past, and has unisex bathrooms. He considers himself to be trans-friendly and has read some journal articles regarding care of transgender patients.
- "I am a trans doctor (FTM) in Pleasant Ridge. I'm a naturopathic doctor so I mostly work on digestion, nervous system issues, autoimmune conditions, chronic pain, and diet and nutrition. I also do a lot of pediatrics and love working with LGBTQ families. I don't prescribe hormones at the moment (we are in the middle of our licensure process in Michigan so I won't have prescribing rights till that's finished). I mostly work with diet, functional lab work, herbs and specific nutrient supplements, and homeopathy. My ability to accept insurance is limited to HSA's and FSA's. My business number is 248-397-4664, my address is 23650 Woodward Ave Suite 104, Pleasant Ridge MI 48069, and my website is www.elisilvernd.com ."
Domestic Violence Shelters & Resources
Bay Area Women's Center, 3411 E Midland Rd, Bay City, MI 48706, 24-hr crisis hotline 800-834-2098, bawc-mi.org
Communities Overcoming Violent Encounters (COVE), 906 E Ludington Ave, Ludington, MI 49431, 231-843-2541,
- "COVE offers safe shelter as well as outreach services to anyone experiencing intimate partner violence or sexual assault. 24/7 HELP LINE 1-800-950-5808"
- HAVEN offers comprehensive services to survivors of sexual assault and intimate partner violence. For more information, or to speak with a confidential advocate, contact our 24-hour crisis and support line at 248-334-1274 or online at www.haven-oakland.org.
LGBTQ Intimate Partner Violence Resource line (414)-856-5428
National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-7233.
Rainbow House, Menominee County, 24hr Crisis Hotline Toll Free: (800) 956-6656, therainbowhouse.us