- Katie Kuhn, RAc, MSAOM "I believe acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine may be of benefit to the transgender community. Acupuncture looks at physical and mental health as inseparable. Although I don't do anything specific for hormones, acupuncture is about creating a balance. It can address both physical complaints as well as emotional issues. My office is a safe, nonjudgmental space for all patients."
AIDS Partnership Michigan, 2451 E Jefferson #301, Detroit, MI 48207, 313-446-9800, Hotline: 800-872-AIDS. Testing sites in Detroit, Ferndale, & Pontiac.
Community Health Awareness Group (CHAP) is a non-profit, minority operated, community based organization serving high-risk and HIV infected African Americans throughout Metro Detroit by providing a variety of HIV prevention, care, substance abuse and mental health services. www.chagdetroit.org Health Emergency Lifeline Programs (HELP), 1726 Howard Street, Detroit, MI 48216 (We are located between Trumbull and Rosa Parks, about ½ mile east of the Greyhound bus station. The closest bus routes are Linwood and Michigan.), www.helpoffice.org , Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00-11:45 a.m. and 1:00-4:30 p.m.
- The following programs are available for HIV positive individuals: Early Intervention/Outreach Services, Mental Health Counseling, Medical Case Management, Food Assistance, Nutritional Counseling, Housing Assistance and Emergency Financial Assistance. Coordination of HIV testing available to individuals that are unaware of their status. Individuals seeking services should contact the agency at (313) 832-3300 or toll free at (888) 435-5655. Contact Person: A newly diagnosed individual should ask for the “case manager of the day” to discuss their situation and obtain information about the range of services available. General Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: www.facebook.com/HELPOffice
McClees Clinic, Mercy Health Partners - Hackley Campus, 1700 Clinton St., Central 2, Muskegon, Mi. 49443.
- "We provide HIV medical care and Case Management as well as a number of other support services for people with HIV. I am the social worker and my contact info is listed here, the nurse case managers can be reached at 231-727-5571 and 231-727-5572."
- Erin Hopson, LLMSW, CCM, Client Services Coordinator, 231-727-4253.
Wellness AIDS Services, 311 E. Court Street, Flint, MI, (810)232-0888, wellnessaids.org
- Wellness AIDS Services, Inc. assists in the care of individuals who are infected/affected by HIV/AIDS, and promotes education and prevention in the community. Wellness provides free HIV testing and counseling in a non-judgmental atmosphere. Wellness AIDS Services has employees who are educated on transgender issues and who strive to keep the agency accepting of all who enter the doors. Wellness also offers a free needle exchange program. All of the services provided by Wellness are free of charge.
Artists Touch, Port Huron, 810-987-9895, 810-987-4515 for special evening appointments. Gay Partnered and Transgender friendly. Custom framing, prints, limited edition and original art works.
Quinn Art Therapy. 17340 W Twelve Mile Road, #105 in Southfield, (248)933-7029.
- "Insurance is not available, as art therapy is not a covered benefit, but very affordable sliding scale is offered. Theresa Quinn, ATR, LMFT is a Registered Art Therapist and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist providing art therapy to help uplift, feel calmer, and address life or relationship issues as well as options for change. You don't have to be an "artist," only curious about your creativity and willing to take a risk to make something. What matters is what your art means, as a source of help to you in your quest for answers and change. Theresa spent a year at the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center's Lambda Mental Health Clinic where she worked with transgender persons individually and as co-facilitator of a transwomen's art process group."